Post Reply  Post Thread 
blue voda publishing
chuck

Group: Registered
blue voda publishing

hi guys. i downloaded blue voda the other night to update my web site that i created using frontpage. since i dont have frontpage any longer to use to update i went with the BV....for the most parts its a great program and probably beats frontpage with its ease and "ingredients". but the problem i come up with when i attempt to publish the index page is it requires an IP address...before putting login and password information.

question....where do i find the necessary ip address to publish my index and sequential pages?

any help is appreciated.

chuck

12-02-2008 06:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Martin E. Meserve
Administrator

Group: Administrators

RE: blue voda publishing

Every so often someone downloads Blue Voda without carefully reading the find print. Blue Voda may be a good web page builder, but that fact alone should raise a question about why it is free. They usually bury a little note in their offering that says something like the following:

A VodaHost Web hosting account is required in order for you to publish your Web site on the Internet.

You may also want to read this article in Wikipedia on the Blue Voda designer. It has a lot of Pros, but it also has a lot of Cons.

Wikipedia - Blue Voda

The bottom line is, and is stated in the article, you can only publish to a select number of IP addresses, namely to those of the hosting company associated named VodaHost. Since 0catch is not associated with VodaHost, you can't use it here.

An alternative design tool, that is also free, might be something like NVU or KOMPOZER. It's not as full featured as Blue Voda or FrontPage, but works very nicely and publishes easily with almost any web host.
[/i]

Martin E. Meserve
http://www.k7mem.com
[ p.s. If you have a question about your web site, please include your web site URL in your posts. ]
12-03-2008 05:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites