Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Sever Down?
darts501

Group: Registered
Sever Down?

Hi Martin,

Do you still have your site hosted by 0catch? For the past two days all of my sites that are hosted here are failing to load. I know it’s not my pc or broadband connection as I have had a few calls asking me what is the problem. I assumed it is sever maintenance but your site load instantly hence my question.

I have emailed the admin but I am still waiting for a reply in the past when this has happened they haven’t replied. I am seriously thinking of moving all my hosting requirements to Go Daddy as I don’t seem to have the same level of down time there as I getting from here.

David
08-19-2008 02:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kenfrost

RE: Sever Down?

My sites have been down on and off over the last 2 days, as has 0catch site.

They take our money but don't provide a service!

08-19-2008 05:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Martin E. Meserve
Administrator

Group: Administrators

Hi David and Ken,

Yes, my hosting is still with 0catch and I am having the same problems that you are. It's kind of odd. If I access my site through my domain name, there doesn't seem to be a problem. But if I use my subdomain name, access is very slow, and sometimes non-existant. My stats have dropped a little, but not totally out of the norm.

I expected it to clear up by now, and haven't complained. I guess I should fire off a query to Jason to see what is going on. A couple of complaints about site access should get their attention.

Martin E. Meserve
http://www.k7mem.com
[ p.s. If you have a question about your web site, please include your web site URL in your posts. ]
08-19-2008 06:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kenfrost

I have complained and no answer in 2 days!

I suggest everyone with this problem sends a note.

08-19-2008 09:50 AM
kenfrost

This guy owns it, I suggest you write to him

cfparkinson@0catch.com

08-19-2008 10:20 AM
darts501

I am working on a number of sites now and have experimented using different service providers. I am looking for one that is stable and also gives best value for money. Being based in the UK 0catch isn’t the easiest service provider to contact when things go wrong They seldom reply to emails and if they do if is some time after they are sent and after the situation has been resolved.

Contacting them via phone is an expensive option but when I have clients wanting updates made and clients wanting to see web site progress it doesn’t look good when I can not explain why the sites are not working.

Yesterday 0catch was down or should I say very slow. It came back up today but now it’s back to go slow or not loading. As you have stated Martin the main domain comes up OK but the subsequence sub domains are not. It’s a bit like a yoyo may be may be down who knows!

I think the customer service is lacking and seeing I have three new sites to publish and one to be renewed within the new couple of months I think I will be moving to a different service provider.

David
08-19-2008 10:36 AM
kenfrost

Their customer service sucks, that's for sure!

They deleted a year ago, by accident, two year's of data on one of my sites; I got nothing from them for that!

08-19-2008 10:46 AM
toddsuruncle
Administrator

Group: Administrators

This is the latest on what has happened with the sites being down. During the weekend we came under a denial of service attack. For those who may not know what that is it is when there are so many requests coming in for a particular site that it ties up all the connections to the system that allow someone to view files or websites on that system. This was a deliberate attempt by someone to shut the system down and it was one particular site. In a 12 hour period this site had a little over 29 million, yes that's million, hits. That's what tied up the system and made it impossible for anyone to be able to access their site. They have been working to move requests for that site to a different box in order for others to connect to the system.

This post was last modified: 08-19-2008 02:36 PM by toddsuruncle.

08-19-2008 11:42 AM
darts501

A least we know what the problem is but the issue still remains unresolved.

David
08-20-2008 02:50 AM
uncle_gus

Hi, My Front Page will not open & I get no replies to numerous emails. Also when I phone, the line is busy, and get no replies to message I leave. Been with them since original owners, and if I can't get into my site to work on it, who is a reliable server?

I get this error message when I try to open Front Page

"The web server at http://unclegus.150m.com does not appear to have Windows Share Point Services installed."

What to do?

Uncle Gus

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-23-2008 08:46 AM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites