Post Reply  Post Thread 
150m.com dead? / Poor costumer service
The New Number 2

Group: Registered
150m.com dead? / Poor costumer service

Since 2004 I have hosted a prominent music related website on 150m.com.

Over the recent years I have found it to become a frustrating experience. First there were garbage advertisers, ads that made code display incorrectly (or ads that had badly written code), but I learned to kind of accept that.

Then 150m.com started going down. It would go down without notice, for days or even a week, come back up and still not provide an explination. An internet search would show similar complaints from other users.

Now I've about reached the end. These passed five months, the provider has gone down for almost a month, and now it's been down for two months. I ping it, and I can still get a reply from 150m.com, but my site is not there (and yes, I have checked other sites hosted by them -- everything is down).

Three e-mails have gone ignored. Two to 150m.com and another to what I assume it the parent company, 0catch.com (the 150m.com help forum here was always linked to this 0catch.com forum page). The message board for users to ask and get answers, has no info' to help, so that's useless. It's like nobody on any end of 150m.com/0catch.com wants to let people know what's going on.

Right now my only hope, since I don't have all the pages backed up, is that the site will come back up since I can still ping it so it isn't gone yet. Even as a free user, they should care; people with paid sites that do commerce, are screwed; most of the sites have fallen out of a Google search (and Google cache's are going bye-bye, too), so even if they come back up tomorrow, other damage is being done; pages on the net that link to pages hosted on 150m.com, are being edited since it appears they don't exist anymore, so that's a headache, too; and companies doing free advertising on 150m.com, aren't making any money. This goes beyond simply not responding to somebody with a free site.

So now I am on the hunt for another free website host provider. I didn't leave 150m.com, 150m.com left me. And didn't bother letting me (or anybody else) know at any point before, during, and after, on their main page or the help forum here.

09-29-2016 05:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The New Number 2

RE: 150m.com dead? / Poor costumer service

Well, I guess I have my answer two months later: 150m.com/0catch simply don't care and can't be bothered to answer e-mails or try to rectify the situation for all of the 150m.com users.

10-12-2016 06:55 PM
The New Number 2

RE: 150m.com dead? / Poor costumer service

The site came back online today, but only the host page, no websites hosted on 150m.com.

I assume this is temporary until it rpobably goes bye-bye for good. Still says nothing on the site anywhere about what's happening. I was thankfully able to back up my websites, except one.

Anyway, can anybody recommend what to do when you don't recall your password? The forgot Password link is useless; you enter your user name to have it sent to you and nothing happens. You enter your e-mail, nothing is sent to you.

The Contact Us link goes right back to the home page, so it has been removed.

The FAQ says to click on the Change Password button, which doesn't exist; maybe it did once upo na time, but not anymore. The link takes you back to the log in screen.

I've entered a vicious circle where I can't get anywhere and I'm worried the site will go down again, this time probably for good, and I won't be able to back this one site up. I'm going to once again try the tech support form, but after two or three e-mails to them asking what has happened to 150m.com and getting no reply, I am not hopeful about a reply this time either.

10-28-2016 02:10 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites