Post Reply  Post Thread 
Domain Name Servers Propagating IP?
FriendlyGuy

Group: Registered
Domain Name Servers Propagating IP?

Hello, everyone,

My website is punkerslut.com and it's domain is being managed by freewebs.com (domains.freewebs.com) . It seems to work fine as a host: punkerslut.150m.com . But, the domain name servers appear to be propagating the wrong ip in its redirection. I sent an e-mail in to the 150m guys. Also, it just suddenly happening, probably around midnight, but the redirection did not fail because I changed any of the settings. The domain provider so far appears to be operational.

If anyone else is having the same problem or knows the solution, please, let me know. Thank you, I appreciate anyone's help.

07-09-2010 10:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FriendlyGuy

RE: Domain Name Servers Propagating IP?

Nevermind, it's back to working now. Been checking every few minutes for a few hours. All is good now, thank you!

07-09-2010 12:19 PM
Martin E. Meserve
Administrator

Group: Administrators

When I do a WhoIs check, it says your domain is registered with Godaddy.com. Not freewebs.com. That is the same place I have my domains and the WhoIs response looks the same as yours. Same registrar, same primary and secondary name servers.

But when I tried to use your domain, the domain would not resolve. So I tried my own, and the same thing happened. I went looking around through my stat counter, which is separate from "150m.com", but there didn't seem to be any loss in activity. One of my sites receives 600 to 700 hits a day, and there didn't seem to be any interruptions since June 25, when "150m.com" was down for about 15 hours.

Anyway, after looking around a while, all of a sudden my domain name responded correctly. So I went back and tried yours, and it worked too. Maybe your message finally got through to the "150m.com" management.

Martin E. Meserve
http://www.k7mem.com
[ p.s. If you have a question about your web site, please include your web site URL in your posts. ]
07-09-2010 12:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FriendlyGuy

Actually, this error is happening again. http://www.punkerslut.com

And, you were right: my domain is through GoDaddy, but apparently FreeWebs.com registered it for me. However, that means my domain is being managed technically by GoDaddy, whereas the nameservers are managed by 150m. It's more likely that the error is in the nameservers.

07-17-2010 05:05 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites