Post Reply  Post Thread 
No site / no log in
The New Number 2

Group: Registered
No site / no log in

Anybody else having trouble finding their sites and logging in after the server switch?

I did a Google search and found a handful of users complaning of the same thing. I wanted to post here and ask, but the link to this foruym, is bad on the 150m FAQ's page. I only found it by dumb luck while searching for other users complaining, via a Google search.

I contacted 150m and their reply was a glitch in the DNS on their end. Well, the glitch isn't fixed. I have three sites that disappeared. After complaining, one of my sites came back up. Why would I need to make a complaint about each site? If every user has to do that, then they got more than a DNS glitch on their end.

ONly after complaining and having my site pop back up, was I able to log in, but now I have to log in to the "Paid Users" section, but I am not now, nor have I ever had the particular site, a Paid User site. So now I worry about receiving a bill for something I never asked for. Yet again another issue!

03-26-2010 11:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Martin E. Meserve
Administrator

Group: Administrators

RE: No site / no log in

I'm not sure why you worry about getting a bill. Somewhere on the User Manager page it should tell you what level your hosting is. As long as your site still has ads and popups, the web host know your not a paid user. Unless you also have paid hosting, "150m" does not have your address or credit card number.

Yes, it appears that 150m is making a lot of changes. I have had a lot of trouble with my hosting as well, and I do have paid hosting. Sometimes I can't log in, the FTP access has changed, and I can see gaps in my site availability. My web site averages 800 hits a day, but Friday was down 200 hits, and Saturday another 100.

All of the changes being made should be for the good. It may be worth while waiting for everything to straighten out. But I am still considering moving. I have a Gold account, but other hosts are offering equivalent, or better, options for less than the Silver plan. It would be a lot of work to move everything, and would be a big interruption to my web site. But I have time on my current hosting, so I'll wait a while.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Martin E. Meserve
http://www.k7mem.com
[ p.s. If you have a question about your web site, please include your web site URL in your posts. ]
03-28-2010 08:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The New Number 2

Group: Registered

Actually, it has no banner ads, so appearently it's moved over to -- without my request or expressed wanting, a paid level. The new 150m hosting doesn't have pop ups anymore.

I have no personal info entered which could be used for billing, but it still bothers me.

03-28-2010 11:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Martin E. Meserve
Administrator

Group: Administrators

My guess is that they termporarily turned off the banners and popups, because of the problems you have had. I checked one of my free sites, and it does have banners. They have done that for me once. So don't worry, you will get them all back, as soon as 150m straightens everything out.

Martin E. Meserve
http://www.k7mem.com
[ p.s. If you have a question about your web site, please include your web site URL in your posts. ]
03-28-2010 03:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites