Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Link to videos
qbvideos.00freehost.com

Group: Registered
Link to videos

For years I've not changed my site and have had no problems with how it worked, but recently the videos connected to the buttons on my front page do not work. I have deleted the videos and uploaded them again into the video folder, but no luck. I can address my images directly and they work, but when I address the video directly I cannot get the video to work. It does work from my C: directory. I've tried putting the video in my images folder, but that doesn't work either and I have checked and rechecked spelling, etc. I use Vista and Explorer 8. Can anyone help me? What changed? I am a bronze member since about 2003.

Thanks!

This post was last modified: 09-17-2009 02:24 AM by qbvideos.00freehost.com.

09-17-2009 02:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Martin E. Meserve
Administrator

Group: Administrators

RE: Link to videos

I don't see any problem. I tried accessing your videos over a DSL network and then over a broadband network. The DSL network was slower, but your videos played just fine from either network.

I tried viewing your videos using Firefox 3.5.2 and Internet Explorer 7. Firefox is configured to display videos using IrfanView and IE is configured to use Windows Media Player. IrfanView ran the video immediately, but Windows Media Player initially gave me a network error. I reconfigured the proxy settings in Windows Media Player and then they played just fine.

The only problem I had viewing your videos is with the one labeled "Bacon Personal Video". That one gives me a "File Not Found" error.

Have you changed anything on your PC recently? I'm running XP Pro, and not Vista. Is Vista blocking the videos in any way?

Martin E. Meserve
http://www.k7mem.com
[ p.s. If you have a question about your web site, please include your web site URL in your posts. ]
09-17-2009 07:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
qbvideos.00freehost.com

http://qbvideos.00freehost.com/ is my URL and below is the message I get. When I click on 'Diagnose Connections Problems' it says the connection is ok. I have changed to Vista, but don't know if that is blocking or how to know if Vista is blocking the videos. I did check my proxy settings in WMP and they appear to be correct. Also, I am using Internet Explorer 8. Thanks for your help - this has been frustrating!

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems
More information

09-21-2009 02:44 PM
Martin E. Meserve
Administrator

I still have no problem viewing your videos, but this seems to be a big issue with IE8 and Vista users. Try putting the string "internet explorer cannot display the web page wmv vista explorer 8" in a google search. You get a lot of hits, but they mostly point to the same answer.

Try this link to Microsoft Help and Support. It's a Microsoft support page that lists a lot of things to try.

Also try this Vistaheads link. It's is kind of a short version of the Microsoft page.

Beyond that, there isn't much I can suggest.

Martin E. Meserve
[ p.s. If you have a question about your web site, please include your web site URL in your posts. ]
09-21-2009 04:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
qbvideos.00freehost.com

Thanks!!~ I got it to work!! I googled what you said and followed the directions to change the settings on my browser and it worked!! Thanks for the help and followup.

http://qbvideos.00freehost.com/

09-21-2009 11:19 PM
KOOLLAYDTAC

I have a simular issue. I got quicktime movies on my server that won't play or stream. Uploaded them so me and a friend could watch them together in a game called Second Life and they wouldn't play for jack. Even tried playing them with the quicktime program itself and nothing. There a fix for that?

This post was last modified: 10-14-2009 03:34 AM by KOOLLAYDTAC.

10-14-2009 03:30 AM
Martin E. Meserve
Administrator

The original poster had issues with Vista, but he worked them out. Do you have a link to one of the videos that will not play for you? Did they work at one time? What OS? What browser? ......

Without more information, I couldn't even guess at the problem. If I had a link to a video that doesn't work for you, I could at least see whether it's on the server side or the client side. You may want to put the string "quicktime movies won't play" in a google search and see what others have done. There appears to be a lot of issues with Quicktime.

Martin E. Meserve
10-14-2009 06:39 AM
KOOLLAYDTAC

Ya here is like 2 different media types I tried. Only reason I am personally thinking server side is because I uploaded all the same files on a friends server and had no issues at all playing them.

http://scostarbase.0catch.com/slmovies/Darkness%20Falls[2003]dvdrip[xvid]mp3[ws]_0.3gp

and

http://scostarbase.0catch.com/slmovies/J...Jumper.mp4

Now I uploaded them with Filezilla a ftp program and in the program they show as quicktime files, but when I view my files on the web site threw IE which is what I use for my browser they got question marks by them. My OS is WinXP if that helps any and they never played for me. Gonna check out that search you recomended. Thanks mate. Smile

This post was last modified: 10-15-2009 08:10 AM by KOOLLAYDTAC.

10-15-2009 07:58 AM
Martin E. Meserve
Administrator

I am running XP Pro and mostly use Firefox 3.5.2 as a browser. The first link I tried was your
Jumper link. It took a little while to download, but when it was done, it played just fine. The I tried using IE 7 to view the video. It downloaded just fine but the would not play.

So I went to "Start --> Control Panel" and selected the "Quicktime" configuration item. Under "File Types", two of the types, "MPG3" and "Miscellaneous", were not selected. So I selected them and "Applied" the changes. Then when I tried again, "Jumper" downloaded an played just fine.

Then I tried the other file, it worked just as well in Firefox, but IE would not play it. It gave an "Unexpected Object" error.

This doesn't sound like a server issue. With a little more work I could probably make both of them work in IE and Firefox. However, why it works when you upload it to another server, is unknown.

Martin E. Meserve
10-15-2009 11:11 AM
KOOLLAYDTAC

Ya they work when ya download them, but they won't stream or play directly from the link. I get an error when I try to pop the url in quicktime. Says Error 47: Invalid URL. () and been googling, but so far not found a resolution yet on it other then 0catch just doesn't like me. lol

10-15-2009 08:17 PM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites