Post Reply  Post Thread 
0Catch Offline Again
robinwilson.net

Group: Registered
0Catch Offline Again

Has there been any information on why 0Catch's server was down for almost 10 hours today? (2/6/09)

The last time it was down for over 16 hours last month, someone here thought that the 'admins' may come by and post some information.

But the 'admins' did not have the decency to do so. So I am not holding my breath for an answer to my original question.

Any one know of a good web hosting site that does not go down every month?

Kind regards

06-02-2009 11:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Martin E. Meserve
Administrator

Group: Administrators

RE: 0Catch Offline Again

The best I can tell, the server went down about 10:00 PM MST last night. I didn't notice that my host was down until this morning. It seems the admins didn't know about this either. When I sent an email to them, the server was back up in about 30 minutes, which was around 8:00 AM MST. But, I haven't received any reason for the problem. If I get an update, I will post it.

If I remember correctly, the last outage happend on May 2 or 3. I wonder if there is a beginning of the month issue with the servers.

Martin E. Meserve
http://www.k7mem.com
[ p.s. If you have a question about your web site, please include your web site URL in your posts. ]
06-02-2009 11:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
darts501

I have used 0catch for over 5 years but the persistent down time eventually got so bad I had to move my accounts.

Although 0catch is a nice and simple service provider ideal for a first timers it has never been maintained properly. It seems to be prone to hacking according to some of the down time responses over the years. The servers seem slow and admin a slow to respond. I moved all but one account to Godaddy over a year ago and have not had 1 second of down time. Best of all you can have multi domains under one package if you want. i.e. host several different websites at the same if not less price offered here.

I would have liked to have seen 0catch get their act together and sort their hosting services out because their basic approach is nice and simple to use. The offer for free hosting is also nice something not offered by larger services providers but unless the 0catch team sort their persistent issues out they will lose more and more customers. It was with reluctance I move but glad I did and have not regretted for one moment.

Best thing here is Martin and so I believe he is not even part of the 0catch team, he just gives his time and advice free. (I hope 0catch give you a free package at least Martin as you have solved many issues on their behave, good on you!)

David
06-26-2009 02:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kentmccoy.com

Sad

robinwilson.net Wrote:
Has there been any information on why 0Catch's server was down for almost 10 hours today? (2/6/09)

The last time it was down for over 16 hours last month, someone here thought that the 'admins' may come by and post some information.

But the 'admins' did not have the decency to do so. So I am not holding my breath for an answer to my original question.

Any one know of a good web hosting site that does not go down every month?

Kind regards

yes a server can go down from time to time but is strange with o catch is they never advise you of failed server status--alll they have to do is post it clearly on the site that there down and give an estimated time they will be back up

not rocket science you know guys

kentmccoy.com

07-11-2009 09:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites