Post Reply  Post Thread 
Message Board

Group: Registered
Message Board

I've been trying to include a message board link to my subweb which is passworded. I am using a Publisher program to design my webpages and then upload them (which works fine). When I paste the message board code onto my webpage, and then upload it, it just shows as text when accessed with no message board link??

Am I missing a step somewhere?

Also, thanks for previous help regarding my index pages

05-01-2008 07:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Martin E. Meserve

Group: Administrators

RE: Message Board

Let me see if I got this right.

You are using Publisher and you are trying to insert some HTML link code. With Publisher, in order to add HTML code, you need to select "insert" from the top menu, and then select "HTML Code Fragment". This should bring up a
"HTML Code Fragment" window where you can insert the code. There is a little warning on the window that tells you there is no code checking done. If you insert incorrect code, it may just show up as text.

When you add your code in the window, and click OK, you should get a movable object that contains the code. You can adjust the page position and box size, and then preview it with "File --> Web Page Preview". I just tried it myself and it worked just fine.

Or, are you trying to insert something other than just HTML?

If that isn't it, you may have to explain a little bit more. A link to your web site, where the problem shows up, might also be of help.

Martin E. Meserve
[ p.s. If you have a question about your web site, please include your web site URL in your posts. ]
05-02-2008 04:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites