Post Reply  Post Thread 
FTP Problems & Missing Files
MemorialMusic

Group: Registered
FTP Problems & Missing Files

Some of my files have gone AWOL on the server. I didn't delete them - they just disappeared. Now I'm trying to upload them again and get an error. I've tried using an external FTP program (my normal routine) and I've tried logging into my account at 100megsfree5.com (I have a GOLD level paid account) and tried both the FTP (HTML and applet) that are available there. I get a transfer failed error and something about wrong file type. I checked my account and I'm more than good on bandwidth...

Bonnie

04-10-2008 11:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Martin E. Meserve
Administrator

Group: Administrators

RE: FTP Problems & Missing Files

Hi Bonnie,

I just checked my account and it looks like everything is working again. I no longer get the FTP errors and the pages that were not working are operational again.

I haven't actually heard anything from the admins, but that may be comming.

Martin E. Meserve
http://www.k7mem.com
[ p.s. If you have a question about your web site, please include your web site URL in your posts. ]
04-10-2008 04:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kenfrost

Some of the images on my site are missing, yet the files still exist in my file directory.

It seem to be an issue wrt their address eg http://www.kenfrost.com/filename no longer gets the file, whereas http://kenfrost.com/filename does

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

04-11-2008 09:05 AM
Martin E. Meserve
Administrator

Group: Administrators

Initially, when I tried "www.kenfrost.com", some of the images did not show up, but "kenfrost.com" worked fine. I had thought that refreshing would fix the problem, but that didn't work this time. But now, both addresses look the same. Whatever was wrong seems to have worked it way out.

According to some information I gathered in a search, the "www" or not "www" issue is controlled by the DNS settings on the web host. DNS updating is always slow so that may explain the delay for the problem to work it way out of the system.

This often can be managed directly from your domain manager. I believe Google Web Master tools allow you to connect the "www" and non "www" versions together. Whatever 0catch did to fix the other server problems, just took time to work itself out.

Martin E. Meserve
http://www.k7mem.com
[ p.s. If you have a question about your web site, please include your web site URL in your posts. ]
04-11-2008 06:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kenfrost

Thanks Martin, very grateful you took time to help out and write back.

All I need now is a lees "cheesy" photoWink

Ken

04-12-2008 01:37 AM
trev72

how can i reset controll paneal some of my files are missing from my hosting paneal

02-05-2009 05:41 PM
adambrown81
Unregistered

Hello
Same here.
In fact, i noticed this problem since monday (Asia) time.
Meanwhile i uploaded 30 pictures which 20 are missing.
I hope they patch the server soon and hope that there is no work lost through the process.

10-28-2009 10:53 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites